It’s National Dental Assistant Recognition Week! For those of you interested in exploring a career in administrative dental assistance, we’ve highlighted some key questions related to the field.
What exactly does an administrative dental assistant do?
Administrative dental assistants have many tasks, including:
- Assisting in patient care, before and after treatments
- Interacting with both patients and dental team
- Performing administrative office duties
- Obtaining private health histories
- Maintaining records
- Performing strong customer service
- Utilizing computer software
- Communicating strongly with patients and insurance companies
- Processing and managing patient insurance and billing
*Keep in mind that these duties will vary depending on state laws.
Is this career economically stable?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Dental Assistant jobs are projected to grow 25% by 2020! This is definitely higher than the average career growth rate!
How can I become an administrative dental assistant?
This position requires a post-secondary education certificate award. Explore our nationally recognized online administrative dental assistant course and become certified in all essential skills, including: the business aspects of dental practice, dental terminology, anatomy, medical record management, accounts receivable, insurance and patient billing, scheduling, and procedural and diagnostic coding. The best part about our online training program is that you can take it at your own pace! Within in six months, you’ll be well on you way to starting your new career in the dental field!